The Dark Ages might be drawing to a close, but Europe is still in chaos. Minor lords vie versus beleaguered kings who struggle to assert control over their fragmented worlds. The Pope requires a Crusade to protect the Christians in the Holy Land even as he declines to relinquish control over the investiture of bishops - and their riches. Now is the time for achievement. Expand your demesne and protect the future of your dynasty. Fill your coffers, designate vassals, root out traitors and apostates, present laws and interact with hundreds of nobles, each with their own agenda.
A great lord will always require good friends to support him. But beware, as faithful vassals can rapidly turn to bitter competitors, and some might not be as trustworthy as they appear ... Stand all set, and enhance your status until the world whispers your name in awe. Do you have exactly what it requires to become a Crusader King?
Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining durations in world history in an experience crafted by the masters of Grand Strategy. Medieval Europe is brought to life in this epic video game of knights, schemes, and thrones ...
- Start a game at any point in between 1066 and 1337 and play until 1453
- Pick a Christian lord and make certain his dynasty survives as you play a succession of his descendants through the ages
- Gain Prestige for each successive character you play, furthering the glory of your Dynasty
- Unravel the plots of your courtiers and vassals, each with their own viewpoints and programs
- Relive the Middle Ages with approximately 32 other players in a competitive multiplayer mode
||Win 7, Vista and XP
||Intel Pentium IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
||NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon X1900 video card, 512MB graphics memory required
||Direct X-compatible sound card, DirectX 9, 3-button mouse, keyboard, speakers, Internet connection for multiplayer
Requires Steam represent setup and activation